8/01/2005

Various Updates

President Bush appointed John Bolton as UN Ambassador bypassing the Senate nomination hearings.

The Iraqi constitutional draft committee says the constitution will be ready to vote on for August 15.


I am continuing my petition drive to send to Mississippi state legislautres asking them to enact legislation to protect private property rights and am happy to report that I now have 5 pages of signatures. This is in spite of the fact that due to various reasons, I have not been able to give the petition my full attantion these past few weeks. My bosses have kindly allowed my to place the petition in the company's retail market.

Please say some prayers for my brother Mike. After wasting many years in an alcoholic haze, he has turned his life around and for the past two years has been going to AA meetings. My family and I are very proud of him. Tomorrow, he is having angioplasty surgery for a blocked artery. He is expected to make a full recovery and will likely only have to spend a couple of days in the hospital.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very glorious day!! Bolton is the man we need.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Tran Sient said...

I don't really like recess appointments, but I like filibusters less. Bring it on.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Abe said...

Best wishes for Mike's angio and for continued progress on his life.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Abe said...

BTW, you probably know this, but here it is just in case. Since you prefer the Blogger comments, you could just delete the code for Haloscan comments and keep the trackback code.

If you don't want to lose old comments, just open each Haloscan comment, select all, copy, then paste into the Blogger comment for the same post. A little tedious, but not too much trouble if you don't have that many.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tran,

I don't like recess appointments either but the Dems wouldn't allow it to go to a full up and down vote, which from reports Bolton would have been nominated.

abe,
Thanks for the best wishes for my brother. And thanks for the tip about Haloscan. I was hoping there would have been an easier way to transfer the Haloscan comments to Blogger comments.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SW,
If I can do it, so can he.6yrs in oct. yah ! Good luck with the op.And good luck with the petitions.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

Good luck with the petition. Brother Mike is in my prayers.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mickey and esther,

Thanks for support and prayers.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mickey,

Congrats on the 6 years!!!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home