10/09/2005

Don't Talk to Me

The Atlanta Braves have managed once again to choke in the division playoffs. Why do I even bother watching them throughout the year. Four years in a row they have done this. I am so glad that I don't get Fox, otherwise my TV may have needed replacing.

One out away from forcing a decisive fifth game at Turner Field, Farnsworth surrendered a two-out, ninth-inning homer to Brad Ausmus. The game-tying home run came on the 36th pitch delivered by the Atlanta closer.

Farnsworth entered with a 6-1 lead after Tim Hudson began the eighth by issuing a walk and surrendering an infield single. The Atlanta closer induced a potential double-play grounder and issued a walk before allowing Lance Berkman to deliver an opposite-field slam over the short left-field wall. Braves


I don't know what I'm going to do next year. I may have to become a White Sox or even an Astros(yuuuuuuuccccccccck)fan. The Braves were winning through the 8th inning by a 5 run lead and once again, the bull pen messes(imagine the word I actually meant)up. It was record 18 inning game. Oh, who am I kidding, Braves fan I am, Braves fan I'll always be. I wish the Astros luck against the Cardinals, NOT. On second thought I do hope the Astros win, better them than the Cardinals any day. Just don't talk to me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

I'm so sorry about your Braves.

I feel your pain. My Skins lost today. Grrr....

5:38 PM  
Anonymous seawitch said...

esther,

I feel your pain about the Skins.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Felis said...

"I don't know what I'm going to do next year."

Seawitch,
Have you ever considered playing chess? ;-)

8:29 PM  
Anonymous seawitch said...

felis,

I have considered it and have played. I stopped when my son beat in three moves one game. : )

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Felis said...

Oh well, just an option if you really decide to give up watching baseball.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous seawitch said...

felis,

Maybe if I tried playing chess and not watch baseball at the same time, I would have better luck.

4:18 AM  
Blogger patrickafir said...

LOL I'm sorry about your loss, Karen. EVen when we try to logically convince ourselves that there's no sense in getting upset over our team losing, it's no use. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I've always rooted for the Yankees since I was a boy. Last year I was cheering on the Red Sox, though, because they're my mother's favorite team.

Now, no other sport team exists for me except for the Boston Bruins. heh Hockey is the only sport I really care about.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous seawitch said...

patrickafir,

I was a Yankees fan until the Braves got Brian Jordan back.

Hockey is ok. We have a team down here called the Seawolves and it's fun going to the games. Especially when the Louisiana Gators are playing, then I can needle those fans. All in good fun of course.

Hope the Bruins do well.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home