5/23/2005

Sharia law in Geneva - Hani Ramadan

Hani Ramadan was a French teacher in Switzerland until he made the following comments in Le Monde newspaper in 2003:
In the article, the imam defended death by stoning for adultery as set out in Islamic Sharia law. Ramadan also said that believers were protected from being infected with Aids.

At SwissInfo it was reported on May 21, 2005 that he won a second round in court and that he should be paid his salary. The cantonese officials said that Ramadan would not be reinstated as a teacher and further stated that his role as a religious representative was incompatible with being a teacher.

I found out about this at Jihad Watch. Jihad Watch's president Hugh Fitzgerald had an informative and well conceived essay and formulated 20 questions he would ask the Geneva courts if he could. He had this to say at question 10 which is about Ayatollah Khomeini's statement on jihad:
But those who study Islamic Holy War will understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole worldÂ….Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war.

I am trying to learn more about the "Religion of Peace" and the more I learn, the more I realize that I can no longer be so complacent about some things. I have learned that dhimmi is a rabid form of discrimination against non-muslims. Dhimmi means that all non-muslims must acknowledge that Islam is superior to all other religions and in Islamic countries (Iran, ie) must pay tribute or be killed. Sharia law is outrageously unfair to women and if practiced as set forth, is very barbaric and unmerciful.

I try to be fair and balanced in my views. But the more I learn, the notion of Islam being the "Religion of Peace" is outlandish. I mean just this pass Sunday in London Islamists were holding signs that stated that Islam is superior to all religions and that Islam will dominate the world and chanting bomb, bomb, New York. Little Green Footballs has more.

I wonder where all the moderate voices of Islam are? Why do they not speak up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home