7/24/2005

Explorations

I love where I live, the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast. The people are friendly and the climate is one that I like, nice toasty 90's during the summer and the lowest in the winter, 19, of course anything below 50 degrees is too cold for me but the really cold temperatures last only a couple of weeks. Until this year, I didn't have a really decent camera but I finally bought one that I like, a HP 4.5 Digital. I have been putting it to use, much to the chagrin of family, friends, and coworkers. Once the camera bug bites, you can't let go. I carry it with me all the time now. And since my family, friends, and coworkers have seen most of these, I must expand. Now site readers are once again going to be subjected to my offerings.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comBiloxi Beach

Image hosted by Photobucket.comBayou Bernard

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pics.
Isn't that little heron just beautiful!!
Well, it looks like heron from whre I stand anyway. ;-)

How about a new set of pics of your pets Seawitch?
(especially the birds, because those you sent me are a bit misty).

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis,
The bird is not a heron. I am not sure what kind it is. I want to say it's some sort of grabek, but like I said I'm not sure.


If I can get the bird to stop attacking the camera, I'll try to get some more for you.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis,

I stand corrected. I have not seen one of these heron before. From my Audobon Society Guide, it appears to be a young yellow-crowned night heron that has not yet developed its plumes.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I compared the larger image of the picture that I have to the one in the book. It has the thick bill and white under the eyes.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

Your pictures are terrific! We love photos. :) Keep 'em comin'....

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

esther,

Thanks.

patrickafir,

Not too many card carrying ACLU loons in Mississippi. Will be on the lookout for one!!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home