7/21/2005

A Few Observations

My doctor prescribed the antibiotic Cipro for my sinus infection. I noticed the warning about not taking it with antacids and dairy products. I did not notice the warning about caffaine. So yesterday, as my coworkers can attest, after my cup of coffee, I was a nervous wreck and almost spastic. I looked up on the internet and saw that caffaine was the culprit. I am happy to say the antibiotics are working great and I am for the most part spastic free.

Another observation, when a piece of sheetrock flies off the supply truck in front of your car when you are going down the interstate, it's not as bad having a ladder do the same. In the ladder incident, I had no choice but to run over it for trying to avoid it would have caused me to wreck. By some sort of weird luck, in both cases neither my car or anyone else's was damaged and caused no wrecks.

Your son will not appreciate lectures on why he cannot do donuts using your car .

11 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Ugh, sinus infections! I had one for six months--tried Cipro, but it didn't work. Finally I had to go on Augmentin, which seems to have done the trick. *fingers crossed*

Hope you're feeling better soon!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am happy to say the antibiotics are working great and I am for the most part spastic free."
I'd rather give up the antibiotics.
I cannot live without my coffee.;-)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

felis, have you ever had a sinus infection? Cause by your answer I'm guessing not, lol.

Glad you're on the mend, SW. And that you've managed to avoid serious accidents -- how scary!!!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis,
I love my coffee too, but as esther noted, you must have never had a sinus infection! I mean, I have given up my French Vanilla coffee!!!

esther,

Both were scary but so far so good. Though I still cringe a little when I see a pick up truck with a ladder in the back.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Hope you feel better soon, Karen. No coffee, no booze. You could be a Mormon and a Muslim, at the same time!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kevin,

LOL. You are truly evil. :)

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I do feel for you.
Especially that you were denied your coffee fix.
No, I hardly ever get sick and I don't think I've ever had this sinus thing.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis,

I WANT my coffee and iced tea and coke.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I consider myself an excellent driver but your near-miss or two reminded me that no matter how "excellent driver" one thinks one is, those unexpected moments do occur. Just be glad you dint have your ice tea, coke or coffee in yer lap. You`d a been a `goner.
Sinus?
"Wait till you get my age"
smile

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mickey,

Can't wait till I get your age. :)

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home