7/08/2005

Getting Ready

Though no one knows for sure where Hurricane Dennis will land probably early Sunday morning, now is the time to start making preparations. We are in the process of packing up the offices, making sure all company papers are secured. Later, three backups will be made and taken to different locations. The server will be moved to a different location and as will the external hard drive.

Then, around 6:00pm, I should be on my way home to start preparations there. I have told my son he should go to his Granny's. I have not decided whether to stay at my house or to go to my sister's. My sister lives further inland then I do but there are so many trees, it will be very difficult to get back to my house after the storm. And I would have to leave all my animals.

During times like these, I am amazed at the kindness of people. One of the local building contractors came by to see if my bosses needed to have their windows bordered up at their houses. I asked how much he charged and he said in times like these he doesn't charge anything. That is so nice because cutting the plywood and nailing them in place is no easy task.


The projected paths are being moved ever closer to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. But like I said, no one knows for sure and you can't wait too long to prepare for a dangerous storm such as Dennis, which is classified as a Catagory 4. The highest catagory is a 5 and it is possible that Dennis could become one.

Already, the grocery stores are being emptied of supplies and plywood is already scarce. I had my son go and pick up what supplies were needed. If I had waited until tomorrow, there probably wouldn't be anything left.

Tropical Storm Cindy was an irritation, this one is a killer already.

3 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for keeping us updated and hang in there.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care Seawitch.
Our thoughts are with you and your family.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks all.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home