8/09/2005

Tree Hugger or Not?

Tran Sient had this post ! about tree huggers which had me giggling when I read it:

Hugging trees has a calming effect on me. I'm talking about enormous trees that will be there when we are all dead and gone. I've hugged trees in every part of this little island. -- Gerry Adams

I have been called a 'tree hugger' by just about everybody at work. I don't actually go around hugging trees but have been known to do the following:

* Rescue stray cats from at the factory

* Volunteer at the Humane Shelter

* Stop in the middle of traffic, then stop the other lane from proceeding to rescue a turtle (People were understanding and no one honked their horns at me)

* BreakBrake for birds and even on one occasion a butterfly, making sure it was safe to do so first

* Call my bosses, who are avid hunters, deer murderers (I believe hunters actually do more good for conserving natural habitat than say, the Sierra Club)

However, I have not done any of the following:

* Stop developments

* Write petitions to stop the proposed drilling off the Mississippi Gulf Coast (We need to drill as much as we can so as not to be dependent on outside oil sources)

So, based on the above information, are my bosses and co-workers justified in calling me a 'tree hugger'?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home