9/18/2005

The Lighter Side

Yesterday, after leaving my Mom's, I had the radio cranked up and was listening to Sweet Home Alabama. The radio station I tuned too was playing some very good Southern Rock. After turning on Lorraine-Cowan Road, the traffic thinned out considerably and I soon found myself going 60mph, the car windows were open, good music was playing, and it felt good to be alive.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comIt's a good thing a didn't have my dog with me, she may have ended up like this one!

I had to pull into a gas station and while waiting in line, had some really good entertainment there. There was an ATF(Alcohol, tobacco, & Firearms) agent in front of me. In front of her was a gentleman(?) buying a beer. He turned to her and asked who she was with. She explained very pleasantly who she was. He then said, "Oh, you're a policeman". She indicated yes. Then he spent the next 5 minutes stating his case that though he had already had one beer today, he was not drunk and the second one would not make him drunk, and that the 95 degree temperature would soon have him sweating any alcohol that his body absorbed. She suggested a better idea would be to eat something.

He then stated he had already been arrested before and didn't need to be arrested again. Keep in mind the ATF agent was in line waiting to pay for her lunch that she got at the Subway located in the station. She never indicated once in her demeanor or by anything she said that she was going to arrest him.

After he made the statement about having been arrested before, he backtracks and states that it was his ex-wife that had him arrested and that basically women were evil creatures. You have to hand it to the ATF agent, she did not lose her cool nor did she snicker at the poor man like the rest of us in line did. She did make a sarcastic comment that yeah women were at the heart of all men's problems.

Anyways after the man left the store and it was my turn in line, I was holding in the laughter so hard as were most of the people in line and as was the cashier, it took a few seconds to get hold of myself before I could request the cigarettes I came in for.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

patrickafir,

I was so happy to receive that e-mail from a friend. Even though I knew he and his family were safe, his house was on the beach in Biloxi and was destroyed. It was nice to see him sending me e-mails like that again. I believe he is living with one of his cousins, whose house on the beach was next to his but survived.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific story and waaaay too funny not to have laughed!

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home