10/10/2005

Job Interview

Last week, I put in an application for a cashier's job at a major office supply store. I got a call back Friday and have an interview scheduled for this afternoon. What is so neat about it is they want me to work in the cash office instead of being a cashier. I was told what the hours would be and how much I would be making per hour. I would be working from 6:00am till 12:00pm and there would be no problem with me working part-time at Gollott's Seafood in the afternoon. From the tone of the phone conversation, this interview is just a formality.

Honesty does pay off. For on my application, I put down about my desire to continue to work at Gollott's. The only bad thing is going in so early. I usually am up by 5:00am anyways but am used to spending a couple of hours on the internet, reading the paper, etc. Oh well, will just have to re-arrange.

Thirty hours a week at the office supply store and around twenty hours a week at Gollott's. Working 50 hours a week!! I was getting tired of Judge Judy anyway. I need to be working.

6 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Wow Karen! That's great! I'm very happy for you. Hopefully this is just the start of a string of good things coming your way.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

esther,

Thank you!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! Have been sending good thoughts your way...you deserve some good stuff, and soon.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sk,

Thanks!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the same job, which you just got (above)?

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis,

Yes.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home