7/13/2005

Rogers Sullies All-Star Game

Kenny Rogers, pitcher for the Texas Rangers, was allowed to pitch in the All-Star Game after receiving a 20 game suspension for hitting two camera men and hospitalizing one. He was booed by the fans at the game. Rogers stated that his pitching record allowed him to play despite his suspension. Of course his pitching ended the American shut out in the 9th inning. Terry Francona defended his decision to allow Rogers to play by saying he was trying not to be judgmental.New Orleans Channel

In my opinion Kenny Rogers should not have been allowed to play. I don't care how good his pitching record is. He should be disciplined for his actions against those two camera men. Allowing him to play in this All-Star Game cheapened it and the suspension he received. So, do you think he should have been allowed to play?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seawitch,
About Kenny Rogers.
You shouldn't allow aged country singers play baseball.
Shouldn't they be throwing horse shoes or something like that?

3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis,

LOL. It's a different Kenny Rogers from Texas.

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about that Seawitch. I am sure that in my job, if I assaulted reporters and cameramen, broke their equipment and went on a tirade, I would get a 20 game (ok, actually five when you count a pitcher's normal rotation) paid vacation and recognition as one of the greatest persons in my profession. Don't you think? I mean after all, we wouldn't want to be judgemental, would we? ::sheesh::

TBH, Rogers should have been suspended without pay for the rest of the year, and been on probation with the threat of a lifetime ban should he engage in any sort of unprovoked physical violence in the future. His appearance in the All-Star game was a travesty. (Didn't respond to the HSB question on that because of my father's situation.)

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agree with you Bob.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seawitch,
And I thought I would definetely impress you with my profound knowledge of baseball. ;-)

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis,

Hey, you should test my profound knowledge of soccor. :)

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrickafir,

Hockey? Oh well at least it's not basketball then I would really worry about you.

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home