9/26/2005

Under the Weather

I am still running a fever off and on. It was compounded today by having to stand in the shade in 95 degrees for 7 hours at the Red Cross Financial Assistance Center. If the fever continues tomorrow, I will be going to my doctor's, whose office is still standing, thankfully. While I was gone, I received an e-mail call back for a resume I had sent in. It's either the one for the secretary job or the one for the SeaBee base. I'll call in the morning to see what's what. Things are looking better at Gollott's all the time and I am in a quandary. For they are telling me that in about 3-4 weeks, we will have part of the freezer up and running and will begin production again. Maybe my best bet is to get a cashier's job that I can work at night instead of an office job for now. I love working for the Gollott's and have been there for 14 years and really don't want to work any where else.

I almost forgot my manners. I want to thank each and everyone of you who have donated to the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, and all the other groups that are working so hard down here. The volunteers always seem to have a smile and sincerely care about us. Their concern for us showed in the way they made sure all of us had plenty of water, Gatorade, Powerade, and something to eat while we were waiting.

Now I am going to sign off and enjoy the Braves game. Hopefully tonight they will clinch their 14th division title. GO BRAVES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home