7/14/2005

Routers

In addition to the server meldown and packing up the office for Hurricane Dennis, our router at work had a nervous breakdown and had to be replaced. Routers are such fun little darlings. If they don't like you, they will not let you in no matter what password you have. The new one works beautifully and let's me in just fine. However, it missed up every single network connection. So, I had to go every workstation, enter the assigned IP address, the subnet mask, the gateway, and the 2 DNS numbers. Ah, sweet joy. Oh yeah, had to remap all the network connections. So, these two 1/2 weeks at work have been quite interesting, in the sense of the Chinese proverb/curse. It looks like everything is finally running smoothly, except for the power line that was sparking outside the factory this morning. That's been taken care of also. So, now I'm doing my happy dance!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I am dancing with you!

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

patrickafir,

I love my router too! When DSL goes down and I have to use dial-up, I weep. :)

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home