8/03/2005

Excuses and Miscommunication

I was an hour late to work this morning. How many bosses would accept the excuse, "I overslept because I stayed up too late reading Harry Potter"?

Or this one from a co-worker who called in yesterday and said she couldn't make it in because she "Didn't feel like rushing this morning".

This is one of the reasons I declined a job offer a couple of years ago that would have doubled my pay. There are some things that money cannot buy. Great people to work with and great bosses being cannot be discounted.

Another reason is most of the people I talk with on the phone have great senses of humor. Case in point, this phone conversation I had last week with a broker:

Me: "Hello"

Caller: "What are you doing?"

Me: "I am smoking a cigarette and blogging."

Caller: "Smoking and FLOGGING? I need to get over there right away."

Me: "No, no, I said BLOGGING."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

patrickafir,

LOL

11:22 AM  
Blogger Abe said...

So how did you like The Halfblood Prince?

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

abe,

I haven't got to it yet!! I am still reading the Order of the Phoenix.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home