10/13/2005

First Day

Today I started at the major office supply store. It is going to be a piece of cake. Other than getting used to the different procedures used, it is a lot of detail work with a lot of responsibility. The people seem friendly with a cheerful attitude.

One thing I am going to have to deal with is acute internet withdrawal. No internet access at all!! Also, no more wearing shorts, jeans, or tennis shoes. Button down shirts, dress slacks, and dress shoes only. Geesh, I have to dress like a professional office worker. Oh well. I can live with that until Gollott's is up and running.

So far, the hardest thing to deal with is getting up at 4:45am. I didn't think that would be a problem since I am usually up by then but I forgot a few things. Like being able to drink a leisurely two cups of coffee and just taking it easy until 7:00am. I haven't had to deal with rushing around in the morning for awhile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Congrats! Hopefully it won't be too bad.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

esther,

It's not. I just to have to get used to it. The people are really nice and everyone smiles a lot.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home