2/14/2006

Ain't You Jealous!

I've posted before how spoiled I am where I work. Not only can I blog as long as I do some work, I can also indulge my other hobby, photography. While you're downloading some e-mail and showing your boss how to copy and rename some of the files, can you tell him, "I'll be back in a few. The light is going to change and I really need to take that shot"?

Which is exactly what I did last week. The rain clouds were rolling in and it was just a few minutes before the rain would start to fall.




Back Bay Biloxi - The water was smooth as glass and the blue of the storm clouds contrasted with it.










Back Bay Biloxi - I took this one today. The way the debris from Hurricane Katrina had wrapped around the pole made it look like someone holding on for dear life. Which is exactly what many Mississippians had to do when Katrina slammed into the Gulf Coast.












D'Iberville - An air force base is close to where I work. I've been trying to get a decent shot of some of the planes that make their practice runs. After a couple of months I finally got one. I had my camera set to b&w from some other shots I had taken.




One of my bosses had asked me to photograph the rebuilding of the plant and the repairs to the cold storage. So I have an excuse now when I go out to take most of the photos. Still, ain't you just a little bit jealous?

8 Comments:

Blogger Emanuel Ben-Zion said...

I'm not, I can take a thousand photos as I work. Now who's jealous?

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emanuel,

Lol. Me!!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

Great pics - as always.
Sorry didn't leave any comments lately but din't want to drag my "fans" behind me to your nice blog.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis is that you? Thanks for the compliment.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

Karen,
It's me UNDER deep deep cover. ;-)
Since we atract lots of traffic now and a large portion of it cannot be defied as friendly I decided to change my "visiting" alias.
I wouldn't care less myself but it's just not fair to my friends.
It already started happening.
The 'nasties" were looking for my alias under diffrent blogs and started trolling my friends.

4:53 PM  
Blogger St. Casserole said...

You ARE fortunate! Thanks for the photos.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felis,

I've had trolls before!

st c,

My bosses are great!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

missing,

That is scary.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home